(Makes about 60)
More of a candy than a cookie, slices of colored marshmallows create the "stained glass" in a chocolaty window surrounded by flaked coconut.
1/4 pound butter or margarine
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts 1 (12-ounce) package colored mini marshmallows (about 9 cups)
7 ounces sweetened grated coconut (about 2 cups)
1. Heat butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
2. Toss marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl; stir in chocolate.
3. Tear five 9-inch sheets of waxed paper and sprinkle each generously with coconut.
4. Divide dough into fifths and place each fifth on a sheet of waxed paper.
5. Roll tightly into 2-inch diameter logs and refrigerate overnight or until firm.
6. Before serving, unwrap from waxed paper and cut into 1/2" slices.